Harrison North has a strong reputation for providing efficient and innovative tax-efficient strategies. Our tax services aim to surpass the linear tax advice delivered by the larger accountancy practices and deliver a dedicated, bespoke and structured strategy for every client. This alternative approach is appropriate for a wide range of individuals as it offers greater flexibility to accommodate changing events and maximise tax savings under a range of permutations.
- Mitigation Strategies: We are able to design and implement a range of strategies to reduce the effective rate of tax payable on income. This is relevant to all sources of income upon which the higher rate of tax is paid
- Remuneration Strategies: Where directors are looking to award large salaries or bonuses either to themselves or key employees, there is much that can be done to reduce the associated tax burden. We are able to advise on and execute on your behalf the most suitable remuneration strategy according to your specific circumstances.
- We specialise in minimizing the impact of Capital Gains Tax arising from chargeable gains, whether from the sale of property, shares, companies or assets.
Owner Managed Business Tax Planning
- The tax legislation concerning close company businesses is complex and our professional advice is appropriate for owners of close companies looking to extract funds from their businesses.
- Every one of our business tax clients is provided with tailor-made, targeted tax strategy advice covering all business areas.
- At Harrison North we recognise that tax planning for most SME businesses needs to be considered alongside tax planning for the directors, taking into account their personal circumstances, salary requirements, or pension arrangements.
- This tax advice is then provided on an on-going basis as circumstances change.
Independent Tax Review
- Our independent tax review is performed for individuals and companies with income in excess of £150k per annum or assets valued over £500k. It is designed as a health-check of current arrangements and does not require us to be appointed as your accountant, rather it is designed as a standalone, one-off check.
- Working on behalf of both individuals and companies, this service seeks to ensure that current arrangements are proving successful at minimizing the tax burden.
- We act in a discreet manner and respect client confidentiality at all times.
- For this service we charge a market-rate fee. This is a process which we believe can be hugely valuable and one which is provided on an impartial basis. Too often tax planning fails to consider the interaction of all angles of taxation together. This service is able to provide the necessary reassurance that all is well. The advice given will be impartial and unbiased.
Ad-Hoc Tax Advice
With ever-increasing regulation, obtaining one-off tax advice can often seem daunting. The red-tape required to establish a client-firm relationship can often lead to high setup fees and excessive time delay to the detriment of the client. Fortunately, at Harrison North, we have streamlined the process to be as simple as possible and apply minimal setup fees for new clients. For those individuals struggling to find a firm willing to provide one-off tax advice, we are able to offer extremely competitive pricing and a fast turnaround.
Individuals with non-standard taxation affairs are offered the benefit of a professionally prepared, tailored tax return service. It is increasingly important to ensure the correctness of all correspondence provided to the Revenue in order to prevent incorrect assessments being raised, errors in tax codes, or worse the chasing of erroneous fines. The annual tax return is, of course, the most important of documents and we offer our clients the peace of mind of knowing that their return has received the highest level of attention.